Saturday, April 16, 2011

Easter Decorations: Easter Egg Collage


LOVE THIS!

So a while ago I saw this picture from First Lady of the House and filed it away as inspiration for a future project.  I mean how cute is this idea of just repeating a holiday shape and matting it in a frame.

Source: First Lady Of The House

I absolutely adore her decorative frame but I just haven't been able to find a ornate frame I like.  Also I consider my house to be simplistic with a just a touch of modern lines.  I'm not really sure if this makes any sense just know my house is filled with neutral colors, clean lines, dark wood furniture, and black and white photography.  I do not like clutter so I tend to decorate just a little bit and then remove my decorations as soon as the holiday is over.  However, I finally completed my egg collage and I might just have to leave it out for a while.  I used my Cricut to cut out the Easter eggs from my Easter 2010 cartridge.  I planned on using two different types of eggs but I didn't like how each egg was a different shape and size after they were cut.  The bottom layer is a darker pastel and the top layer (flowers) is the lighter pastel.  I also pop dotted (yup, I'm using them again, I told you I love to use pop dots) each egg for dimension and added small adhesive faux pearls from Recollections.  I love these things!  I definitely have to pick up some more! 
Let me know what you think. :)


I added ribbon directly to the mat and just used my glue tape to attach it.


The frame is from Target and only cost me $10!!!

I placed the pearls in the center of each flower cut out.
I also found these two pictures online with two different versions of collages. 


Source: The Idea Room

Source: Ali Edwards

Since I absolutely LOVE butterflies I think I will create a collage using the butterflies for my new craft room downstairs (if we ever finish it).  I also like the idea about taking the glass out so the wings are not squished.  If you have created one of these collages, I would love to see it.  Just leave a comment with a link to your blog and I will be sure to visit and leave a comment for you :)

I am linking up at I Heart Nap Time
~Katania

Please follow me if you like what your see :)

2 comments:

  1. I love the bright colors! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your site to contains wonderful stuff on Easter Decoration. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete